Join our international team of professional licensed trainers.
After undertaking the relevant courses and successfully passing the exams, you can apply to become a Licensed Trainer. As a UK Tea Academy Licensed Trainer you will be able to organise, sell and run UK Tea Academy courses both in classroom and as webinar courses under our online academy.
Becoming a UK Tea Academy Licensed Trainer is ideal for tea lovers who either have an existing training business in the F&B sector or would like to start a new one.
Included in the annual license fee is the UK Tea Academy’s commitment to support each licensed trainer. This includes advertising your business on our website, overseeing and assisting your live webinar courses, keeping you updated with the latest news in tea and tea training through monthly bulletins, training updates and annual events.
We are also able to license in-house tea trainers who then work under the UKTA brand with our support, offering our half-day in-house training to tea-shops, companies, hotels etc
SCA (AST) qualified trainers with existing training experience may fast-track the qualification to become a UK Tea Academy Licensed Trainer.
BECOMING AN IN-HOUSE TEA TRAINER
Our In-House training is delivered as a 4-hour module within the client’s premises. Our trainers are required to:
1. Enroll and attend a UK Tea Academy Tea Champion course.
2. Pass the Tea Champion written exam with a minimum of 98%.
Deliver a short presentation to the UK Tea Academy Course Director on a randomly selected portion of the Champion course, to demonstrate your presentation skills.
BECOMING A LICENSED UK TEA ACADEMY TRAINER
Level 1: Tea Champion Trainer
1. Enroll and attend our Tea Champion Course.
2. Pass the Tea Champion written exam with a minimum of 90%.
3. Deliver a short presentation to the UK Tea Academy Course Director on a randomly selected portion of the Champion course, to demonstrate your presentation skills.
4. Enroll and attend our Level 2 Tea Sommelier course*
5. Pass the Tea Sommelier exam** with a minimum of 90%
*This is essential to ensure you have the level of tea knowledge required to teach Tea Champion and answer students’ questions
**The Tea Sommelier exam consists of 3 parts: 1. Brewing 2. Written paper 3. Oral examination
Level 2: Tea Sommelier Trainer
1. Successfully complete all of the above steps to become a Tea Champion trainer.
2. Presentation examination: Deliver a short presentation to the UK Tea Academy Course Director on a randomly selected portion of the Tea Sommelier course.
Any Licensed Tea Champion or Tea Sommelier Trainer can also teach the UKTA In-house tea course