£475 + VAT
Our Level 1 Tea Champion course is aimed at all those working in tea companies, tea shops, tea bars, online tea businesses, coffee bars, hotel restaurants and lounges as well as anyone who has a general interest in tea. The course is held in our London classroom.
Our classroom is closed and Tea Champion courses in March and April are postponed.
CLICK HERE for more info.
14 hours (4 modules of 3.5 hours)
A choice of either two consecutive days, two Mondays, or four mornings.
The Tea Champion (Level 1) course includes; Academy delegate pack and pre-course information; cost of test and certificate; two days of learning with our qualified, expert tutors; multiple focused tea tastings throughout the course and the chance to learn the basics of blending and make an English Breakfast blend.
ABOUT THIS CERTIFICATION
This course is designed to introduce the fundamentals of working with tea and offers an exciting opportunity for amateur and professional tea lovers alike.
Becoming a UK Tea Academy Tea Champion is the first step to developing a greater understanding and appreciation of tea. After passing the Tea Champion test at the end of this course, students will qualify to attend our Tea Sommelier course for further in-depth training.
Are there any entry requirements?
Level One is open to everyone. No previous experience is required, just plenty of enthusiasm to develop your understanding and knowledge about all aspects of tea.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
* Tasting and assessment of more than 40 teas from around the world
* An insight into the history of tea; the plant, and harvesting the leaf
* Learn the stories and trends behind different types of tea
* Tea terminology
* Find out the difference in tea manufacturing methods for the 6 categories of tea
* Explore tea production and culture in the major producing countries
* Golden rules of tea storage and brewing
* An expert's guide to tasting and recognizing teas from around the world
* How to approach the challenges of brewing and serving a variety of teas
* A basic introduction to blending
* Caffeine, L-theanine and tea’s perceived health benefits
TEST AND Assessment criteria
The Tea Champion Test will be taken at the end of the course and takes around 30 minutes. Anyone wishing to take it at a later date may do so by arrangement with Academy tutors.
Accreditation is awarded to delegates that achieve 75% and above in our Multiple Choice Exam Paper. The examination can only be undertaken after you have completed 14 hours of classroom study with the UK Tea Academy.
Upon completion of all four modules and the achievement of satisfactory results in the test, participants will be awarded the qualification of UK Tea Academy: TEA CHAMPION.
If, in the unlikely situation of a trainee not passing the test, the test may be retaken on an arranged date and upon payment of a small fee of £30 + VAT.