In House Tea Training Programme
4 hour course
Contact us for pricing
Bookings by appointment only.
Tutor: Domenico Gradia, Tea Sommelier & British Tea Culture Historian
This is an intensive four hour course exclusively designed for professionals working in the hospitality sector, dealing with Afternoon Tea and tea service experience within luxury or 5 star establishments.
The aim of the course is to enrich and strengthen knowledge of this increasingly fashionable beverage, and give trainees the skills needed to make a real difference and be more competitive by delivering the best tea service experience, according to each individual customer’s needs.
YOUR TRAINEES WILL LEARN
• The origin of the tea plant, its main varieties, and the most important producing regions in the world
• The different types of tea and what makes them different – tea manufacturing
• Rare teas vs blended teas – loose leaf vs tea bags – flavoured teas and herbal infusions
• The teas on the menu: which teas are from which category (including any flavoured teas and herbals)
• Sensory evaluation of each tea on the menu: how to describe and recommend to customers
• All about perfect brewing
• Caffeine, L-theanine and tea’s perceived health benefits
• Answering customers’ questions
At the end of the session, after a final questionnaire, all participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance, awarded by the UK TEA Academy.
DISCOUNT FOR FURTHER TRAINING
Should any student who has taken this course wish to continue learning with us, a 10% discount will be offered when booking any of the regular scheduled courses offered by the academy.
ABOUT THE TUTOR
Domenico Gradia is a Tea Sommelier and a British Tea Culture Historian, specialising in Afternoon Tea Etiquette and tailor-made Tea sessions particularly for professionals working within the luxury hospitality sector, where he spent more than three years as Head Tea Sommelier, Tea and Brand Ambassador, and Tea Training Manager in the Diamond Jubilee Tea salon at Fortnum and Mason. He led the team of the Tea Salon at Fortnum's to win the Best Tea Service at the Afternoon Tea Awards in 2017. Domenico Gradia
Contact us for pricing.