CHINESE WHITE TEA TASTING, WITH JUYAN WEBSTER
25 Lavington Street, London, SE1 0NZ
Tickets £20 each
This event was due to run on 31st March 2020 - it has been postponed until a later date. All tickets purchased for this event will be valid for the rescheduled event
Join the UK Tea Academy and Juyan Webster (owner of The Chinese Tea Company and UKTA’s tutor for Chinese tea masterclasses) for this exciting opportunity to learn about and taste amazing White Teas from China.
White Tea is one of the most delicate tea varieties available because the making process simply involves leaving the leaves to dry in the sun. This minimal processing helps to retain most of the tea’s natural nutrition such as its high levels of antioxidants and overall health promoting properties. Despite the minimal processing, however, and just like any other tea types, white tea is not a simple tea variety; it offers many different characteristics from light to dark colour and from sweet and delicate to strong and robust flavour.
During the White Tea tasting, we will explore a range of White Teas that are mainly from Fuding (one of the traditional regions for producing White Tea) and Yunnan province.
We will taste the following teas:
- Silver Needle: also known as Bai Hao Yin Zhen, this is the highest grade of white tea and is comprised completely of new buds.
- White Peony: also known as Bai Mu Dan, it’s made up of a young shoot with 1 bud and 2 leaves.
- Shou Mei: known as Tribute Eyebrow. This is the lowest grade of white tea and usually harvested in late April and early May. It has the strongest taste of them all.
- Aged Silver Needle: a rare treat from Juyan’s private collection, with just enough to share.
- Yunnan White Tea: a white tea made from camellia sinensis assamica.
About Juyan: Juyan Webster is the owner and founder of the The Chinese Tea Company in London. Growing up in Zhejiang Province, which is one of the most important provinces of China in tea production, Juyan was surrounded by tea and tea culture. Her family grew tea on their land where, as a child, she worked alongside her mother, picking and processing tea. It was this upbringing that shaped a passion for tea and her vast knowledge of tea production.
Places sell fast and are strictly limited as Juyan will brew gong fu style for everybody, so book now to secure your place in our new studio